Friday 1 March 2013

Spring...time to go out!

Such a lovely weather in Edinburgh!
Sunshine, no wind...just perfect weather for a nice walk or power walk or jog or run...depending on your level of fitness...

Power Walking Edinburgh
Power Walking - Sunny day on Arthur Seat

My heart rate today was constantly on top range of my training interval, which is set up now between 60% - 85% max heart rate...
Power Walking - Beurer feedback

A short analysis shows that for 38 minutes of quite intensive exertion, i managed to burn , according to Beurer, about 324 calories... or about 85 cal/10 mins ...


Another input from Runtastic (see below) suggests 438 kcal for 48 minutes... or  91 cal/10 mins

Power Walking Edinburgh
Power Walking - Runtastic feedback


I would go with an average of  88 cal/10 mins for my outdoor jogging.....

Good to know that my body simply cant burn more than this....so in future, when craving for that muffin of 238 cals, I will no longer fool myself that in I don't know how much gym time (I've never been precise on this) I will burn that out completely....

I hope this monitoring to be a way to educate myself about the limits of my body, so I become aware that if I want to maintain healthy weight, I must pay attention to how much I put in through the food I choose...

I will try to keep a kind of a food diary too....that's difficult, huh?



No comments:

Post a Comment